Yes, it’s true – in this case we’re hiring for our B2B group. And I know I’m supposed to say this, but I think we’ve created a pretty awesome place to work: SMG offers unlimited paid time off, stock option plan, performance and new business bonuses, quarterly staff events and weekly staff lunches, plus whatever other fun stuff we can squeeze in between. In exchange, all we ask is for total awesomeness.
Here’s the job description. If you are rock star awesome, we look forward to hearing from you. You can apply here.
Social Media Group: B2B Client Engagement Director: Summary of Duties
- Leads the day-to-day relationship, delivery and development of Social Media Group (SMG) accounts – with specific emphasis on the optimization of applied social media for organizations.
- Develops B2B client strategies and determines client objectives and defines programs and campaigns for social media marketing, digital communications, technology, measurement, monitoring and research.
- Creates client programs, and ensures quality control and effectiveness of programs from strategy through tactical execution and results reporting.
- Creates and fosters conditions for client and SMG success. Manages relationships with peers, colleagues, clients, vendors and partners. Supervises work of the account teams and ensures SMG process compliance as it relates to assigned accounts.
- Is a leader within SMG. Supports new business. Operates with minimal supervision, with latitude for independent judgment within the mandate defined. Meets internal milestones and client deadlines and ensures the delivery of quality work.
- Uses a deep understanding of social media that comes from active participation in online communities, blogs, presence applications, etc. combined with continuous exploration and learning about new developments to define and contribute to the development of innovative social media strategies and tactics for SMG clients.
- Leads the day-to-day relationship, delivery and development of Social Media Group B2B accounts.
- Leads client strategic planning projects within the defined SMG strategy process and structure.
- Prepares plans, campaign and concept materials for clients and prospects.
- Prepares budgets, and ensures project plans are set.
- Supervises and supports the tactical execution of account programs.
- Prepares and keeps current information about SMG clients and the evolving opportunities in applied social media.
- Represents the company at public functions and charitable events in a manner that reflects positively on SMG and SMG clients.
- Writes and edits client communications materials – presents materials to clients and works to build client understanding, buy-off and deepen relationships.
- Leads client communications as it relates to projects, builds client relationships and trust through consistent delivery of quality work.
Performs duties to support Social Media Group:
- Supports the ongoing development of Social Media Group as a leader in the social space
- Prepares reports for management including managing escalations and proactively identifying areas for team improvement
- Coordinates internal and external events and campaigns for Social Media Group
- Writes articles for the company blog
- Stays current on trends and development relevant to the Social Media Group practice groups and presents opportunities to management
Bachelor’s degree and/or College Diploma in business, marketing, or communications.
Requires a minimum of seven to ten years of experience in communications and client relations in the broad area(s) of:
- Public Relations/Communications
- Business Consulting
Requires previous client service work in social media marketing or equivalent applied expertise in social media for B2B clients, companies or organizations.
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal
- Social personality and genuine love of relationship-building
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in diversified teams
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to motivate a team
- Consensus building
- Client counsel and relationship-building
- A passionate interest in social media
- Relentless curiosity
- Comfort in a fast-paced environment
- PC/Mac and various software applications