Do you find yourself managing your pet’s expectations?
If a friend asks for a favour do you have them sign off on a scope of work document?
Do you schedule weekly status reports with your family?
Well you might just be the Damn Good Account Supervisor we are looking for.
Job Description below or download it here:
With global headquarters outside Toronto, Ontario and offices in Calgary, Alberta, Social Media Group (www.socialmediagroup.com) is one of the world’s largest independent agencies helping business navigate the new socially engaged Web. We take the best of both worlds: thorough business oriented consulting to uncover true strategic objectives combined with tactical execution that unleashes the creative energy and precision-oriented results of a top-flight integrated communications firm. Services include corporate social media strategy and tactical execution, content creation and management, influencer relations, reputation measurement and monitoring, educational seminars and workshops.
About the Position
If you have a passion for, and, interest in all things web 2.0, a great understanding of what’s going on out there, an ability to speak and understand tech, kick-ass communications skills and would describe yourself as a “perpetual student” – that’s what we’re after.
• Passion for and curiosity about how social media and web 2.0 are disrupting traditional communications and marketing
• Deep knowledge and understanding of marketing and agency processes
• Demonstrated participation on social media tools and platforms (links required)
• Flexibility, creativity and comfort with change and a fast-paced environment
• Above average client management skills
• Strong project management/multi tasking skills
• Self-motivated with demonstrated applicable experience
• Team player with a strong need to succeed
• Strong organization skills – multiple projects, multiple deadlines
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate to senior staff passionately and with conviction
• 4-6 years Advertising or PR agency experience
• Experience in the automotive vertical
• A commitment to doing the right thing even when it isn’t the easy thing
• Willingness to travel 4-10 days per month
• Motivation to get job done, even when it means going outside the job description
• Level-headed and reasonable disposition
• Identifying new business opportunities within the existing client base
• Offering strategic POVs on specific issues based on your communications/marketing experience, understanding of Social Media and the best interests of the client
• Systematically identifying client needs and determining staff and budget requirements in conjunction with the project team lead
• Negotiating project details with clients and SMG staff
• Handling budgets and managing project costs
• Meeting deadlines and prioritizing tasks
• Working with the SMG strategy team to assist with the formulation of appropriate strategies and tactics
• Ensuring that measurements and reporting are delivered to the client in a timely fashion
• Proactively seeking out and attending all relevant client meetings
• Arranging and attending meetings and reporting on key decisions
• Delegating work to other members of the SMG team
• Liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and SMG by maintaining regular contact with both, ensuring that communication flows effectively
• Writing reports, meeting minutes, keeping records and financial details
• Undertaking administrative tasks
• Monitoring the profitability of accounts and projects
• Familiarity with the nature of client products, business culture and competition
• Reporting to the Director of Client Services and Account Director, Automotive
• Representing SMG through social media participation and attending social media industry events
Sound like you? Please send your resume to:
Social Media Group
10 Ogilvie Street
Dundas, ON, L9H 2S2
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thanks!