As noted in earlier blog posts, we are expanding rapidly stemming from both new account wins and increased responsibility serving our existing clients. I wanted to use this post to speak to one specific opportunity that I think is special.
We’ve been tapped by one of our clients in the Financial Services sector to hire a Community Manager. This is a unique opportunity to work within an agency and client environment, simultaneously. We will hire you. We will train you. We will pay you. But you will live with our client. You will get to know their business, inside and out. If all goes well, they will hire you. They will pay you. The best of both worlds!
If this sounds like an opportunity that interests you, then read on. Here is the job description:
Title – Community Manager
As part of Social Media Group’s Content and Community Team, the successful candidate will serve as an online advocate within the community we’re establishing for our Financial Services Client. The Community Manager will be responsible for driving and managing the conversation on select social media channels, and ensuring community member needs are satisfied. The successful candidate will be familiar with social media and online communities.
The successful candidate will have proven leadership skills, an ability to proactively identify opportunities and quickly implement solutions, a positive attitude and a passion for customers. Further, the successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development and maintain the strategy and direction for community building and engagement.
- Monitor designated social media channels, feedback and answer general community questions or facilitate the response to customer questions through working with internal channels.
- Monitor and understand current community trends, opinions, concerns, general topics of conversation, etc.
- Foster conversations within the community by effectively communicating with users via regular posts.
- Exhibit a savvy and professional persona to online community members via expert written communication skills.
- Build relationships with cross-functional teams in order to understand their needs and goals, and ensure that the community perspective is being considered.
- Analyze community data and metrics to determine need for changes in direction, additional promotions, etc.
- Plan and manage online community events.
- System administration responsibilities as necessary (permissions, content publishing and other back-end tools).
- Serve as the lead communication liaison during site issues/maintenance between technical groups and the community.
- Maintain an understanding of trends, feedback and metrics of similar communities external to the organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a minimum of two to four years of experience in communications and client relations in the area(s) of Public Relations/Communications or Marketing/Advertising
- Bachelor’s degree and/or College Diploma in business, marketing, or communications.
- Passion for written communication.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated active involvement in social networking (blogs, communities).
- Demonstrated skill in a Business Analyst or Marketing Analyst role.
- Highly developed and influential communication, facilitation and presentation skills at all levels of the business organization.
- Thrives on a challenge especially under high-pressure circumstances.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Passion for exceptional customer service.
- English language, with French as a definite asset
- Experience with managing 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Experience managing an online community.
- Financial Services category experience an asset
If you’d like to find out more, please send your CV and relevant social profile links to jobs AT Social Media Group DOT com!
Trackbacks for this post