I know it’s months away, but the buzz for SXSW 2011 has already begun! As SMG is proud to be Canadian, we thought it would be nice to show some ‘Canada love’ and post (and strongly encourage voting for!) Canadian panels that were proposed for next year. The team here worked hard to find as many Canucks as we could, so if we’re missing anyone, please let us know in the comments and we’ll add ’em. Let the voting (and don’t forget commenting – that counts, too) begin!
- F U 2.0 presentation with Scott Stratten
- Big Chief: Leading Your Tribe by Alex Brown
- Our Game Could Be Your Life panel with Michael Dolan, David Fono, Kate Raynes-Goldie, Gabe Smedresman, and Adrian Hon.
- Naked Dating: Finding love in 140 Characters or Less with Jeremy Wright and Melissa Smich
- Your Resume Was So 2005: Show Me Passion by Duane Brown
- Bend Over? Surprise! Agencies Are Screwing You with Lucia Mancuso from The Blog Studio and Megan Warby
- Too Many Options: Choosing a Digital Media Platform by Randy Matheson from Delvinia Interactive and Duane Brown
- Branded Entertainment: Do Brands Hurt Good Storytelling? by Matt Di Paola of Proximity Canada
- I’m a Flash Developer. Now what? by Jeff Vermeersch from Proximity Canada
- What does Google TV mean for advertising industry? with Andrew Bailey of Proximity Canada
- The Universal Declaration of Avatar Rights with Collin Douma of Proximity Canada
- 3 Partners Vs 2 Partners Vs 1 Partner by YouPhonics founder Aidan Nulman
- Trust and Control -The Future of Privacy Online with Colin McKay from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Startup Marketing: It’s More Then a Twitter Account with Saul Colt from Saul.is (I’m on this one – hint, hint)
- Agile Ain’t Just for Developers: Agile People Manifesto with Andre Gaulin and Jay Goldman
- Killer iPhone Photography: Tips from the New School by photographer Kris Krüg
- Conquering Creativity: A Creative Method For Every Mind with Jason Theodor from Blast Radius
- Federating the Social Web by Evan Prodromou of StatusNet
- Value of a Facebook Fan: Does it Matter? with Michael Scissons from Syncapse
- Shopping as a Revolutionary Act? with Tara Hunt
- The Rebirth of Radio Thanks to Social Media by Elliott Hurst from Supernova Interactive
- Your Content Stinks! Drive results with Content Marketing with April Dunford
- Understanding Customer Culture; Caution: May Require Cojones by Ujwal Arkalgud and Grant McCracken
- Abolish The Hourly: How Value Pricing Wins Clients with Lee Dale from Say Yeah!
- Real User, Real Connections with Russel Sinclair
- Avoiding Extinction in the Digital Dark Age with Adele McAlear
Kevin Richard also has a great post on the same topic here. Voting closes on August 27th. Vote well and vote often – we’ll see you in Austin in March!
Thanks for consolidating this list of Canucks with SXSW proposals. Here’s one more:
“Avoiding Extinction in a Digital Dark Age”
Thanks, Eden – added!
And another one!
Come see a bunch of Canadians and Grant McCracken (Chief Culture Officer) discuss “Understanding Customer Culture; Caution: May Require Cojones”
@Sean, we got it, but I’ll add Grant’s name! Thanks!
What a great list! One more Canadian to add is Chris Harris (Canwest Broadcasting): “Corporate Quandary: Who Should Own Social Media?” http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/7906