Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Company:
Founded in 2006, Social Media Group is one of the world’s largest independent agencies helping companies navigate the social web.
It’s a cool time to be us – we’re breaking new ground every day and working with some of the largest and best-known names in both Canada and the U.S., helping them understand the power of social media and the benefits of transforming communications from dictation to dialogue.
SMG is looking to hire the Best Project Manager in the World.
We need someone to take ownership and manage some of our many projects from start to finish, leaving out not one detail and missing not one deadline (as well as holding the project team to the same standard).
If you have a passion for and interest in all things Web 2.0, a great understanding of what’s going on out there, kick-ass communications skills and would describe yourself as a ‘perpetual student’ – that’s what we’re after.
We don’t do banner ads. At SMG it’s all social media, all the time; all of our projects are Web 2.0 driven
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to be a true social media pioneer – this is an amazing chance to be on the cutting edge of an exciting new space and make up the rules as you go along.
- SMG is growing, with some of the biggest companies in North America as clients. There will be tons of room for (personal, professional) growth in the years to come.
• Attend relevant new business briefings in order to provide assistance through the identification of scope, resource requirements and project workflow.
• Maintain regular contact with customers to ensure continuous project progress, immediate resolution of issues, positive relationship growth, and escalation of critical issues to Senior Management.
• Lead and manage project life cycle from final project definition, timeline creation, resource allocation and management, development and implementation.
• Submit approved time sheets by the end of the week.
• Review and reconciliation of project budgets monthly. Consolidate and report with solution-oriented thinking on project profit and loss findings, including areas of margin erosion or other quality-related issues.
• Ensure quality execution of project scope, resource management and budget control as outlined in the approved SOW.
• Provide clear direction, appropriate communication and documentation of project status to stakeholders, including risk, budgeted hours for resources, timelines, milestone deliveries, and overall project and relationship status.
• Develop SMG solutions that can deepen the client relationship and add value through new opportunities and ideas/solutions.
We’re a small company that offers tremendous room for growth. If you’re a big thinker, this one’s for you.
What you need:
- Interactive agency experience.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the company.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem solving and solutioning skills.
- Proven track record of delivering projects successfully.
- Flexibility and comfort in a startup environment
Sound like you? Please send your resume to: Ramona [.] Gallagher [at] socialmediagroup [dot] com by Friday July 24th, 2009.