Here’s the description, deadline for applications is August 25th, 2008 and they can be sent to kevin.dekock [at] socialmediagroup.com. You can download a pdf of the job description here. Only the super-organized and supremely confident need apply!
About the Company
Social Media Group is the world’s largest independent agency helping business navigate the new socially engaged Web.
It’s a cool time to be us – we’re breaking new ground every day and working with some of the largest and best-known names in North America, helping them understand the power of social media and the benefits of transforming communications from dictation to dialogue.
Our relatively current client list is here: http://socialmediagroup.com/clients/
SMG HQ is located in a restored 1830’s commercial building in Dundas, Ontario, which is approximately 45 minutes from downtown Toronto and well-connected by rail.
There’s a reason we’re located in this amazing (affordable, diverse, historic, creative, quiet, family-friendly, green and beautiful) community. Candidates contacted for interviews will have the opportunity to discover this for themselves – we only ask that you don’t tell anyone else!
Who we’re looking for:
We’re seeking to lay the groundwork for continued sustainable growth. With a distributed workforce, we need someone who is an administrative genius to help us implement systems and processes across the organization that ensure timely and appropriate billing and invoicing, supplier vetting and management and control of admin and operations costs, among other things. This position reports to the Director of Operations, and is ideally suited to someone with a number of years of office administration experience who is looking for a new and exciting challenge.
Potential candidates will need to show evidence of the following:
* Entrepreneurial spirit
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Project management ability
* Minimum 3-5 years previous office management experience
* Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively
* Be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
* Comfort with technology: excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, Internet skills
* Experience with business finance and reporting requirements
* Experience in identifying, vetting and managing suppliers
* Designing and implementing administrative processes as required
* Liaising with members of the senior management team
* Keeping personnel records across several locations
* Payroll administration and management across the organization
* Organizing the recruitment of new staff
* Controlling the office budget
* Managing new account set up, process and flow
* Cash flow, AP/AR Management and reporting.
* Supervising the implementation of new office systems
* Supplier/supplier record management
* Arranging travel and supporting the CEO’s administrative requirements from time to time
* Occasional travel required
* Proven on-the-job experience (3-5 years)
* References required